- Concept and Storyboards – Nicole Barron, Jesslyn Boisclair, Jenna Calderara, Kerri Coburn, Megan Dauphinais, Lila Debas, Nicole Dube, Greg (Chip) Dunn, Stephen Kelly, Esther Moon, Sam Okerstrom-Lang, Danielle Thibeault, Kelsey Trottier, Cole Wuilleumier, Alexandra Zanca
- Produced by – Studio for Interrelated Media at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Words – Nicole Barron, Jenna Calderara, Lila Debas, Nicole Dube, Stephen Kelly,, Esther Moon, Danielle Thibeault, Cole Wuilleumier
- Original Sounds by – Kerri Coburn, Nicole Dube, Stephen Kelly, Cole Wuilleumier
- Sound Source Material – Brendan Smith, Jacob Bohlan, Tom Fahey, Adam Blake
- Cinematography – Jenna Calderara, Lila Debas, Eric Freeman, Sam Okerstrom-Lang, Danielle Thibeault, Esther Moon, Kelsey Trottier
- Animation – Nicole Barron, Greg (Chip) Dunn, Stephen Kelly, Sam Okerstrom-Lang, Cole Wuilleumier
- Video Editing – Nicole Barron, Jenna Calderara, Jesslyn Boisclair, Chip Dunn, Stephen Kelly, Esther Moon, Sam Okerstrom-Lang, Cole Wuilleumier
- Live Lighting Design – Megan Dauphinais, Kerri Coburn
- Production Management – Megan Dauphinais, Danielle Thibeault, Kelsey Trottier
- Graphic Design – Karina Tovar, Alexandra Zanca
- Technical Advisors – Max Azanow, Darryl Davis, Jason Fletcher, Eric Freeman, R. Berred Ouellette
- Public Relations – Jenna Calderara, Megan Dauphinais, Lina Maria Giraldo, Danielle Thibeault, Karina Tovar, Kelsey Trottier, Alexandra Zanca,
- Teaching Assistant – Karina Tovar
- Senior Project Manager – Lina Maria Giraldo
- Faculty Advisor – Nita Sturiale
- Harris Barron
- Donald Burgy
- John Holland
- Anna Lindemann
- Dani LeBlanc
- Elissa and Bill Warner
- Museum of Science, Charles Hayden Planetarium
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design Foundation
To simplify some ongoing issues, please give me the 1024×1024 quicktime video and the stereo wav separately. I will then combine all the shows into one big continuous piece and it will be a smoother experience in the dome.
Therefore it is imperative that you check the final video/sound syncing prior to giving it to me. So please drop the MOV and WAV into Final Cut or Premiere and test the syncing.
Explanation: Several groups are handing off the finalized video to the sound person. Then the video was getting its aspect ratio and fps adjusted since their sound software was re-exporting it with different settings. Of course you should feel free to continue bringing the video into your sound software for editing/playing with sound, but then only export a wav for your final sound piece. The video should come directly from After Effects, Fincal Cut, Premiere, etc. And the audio should come directly from software of choice. If this is confusing, then we can chat in person to smooth it all out.
For class today – Amazing!
Tomorrow we will once again screen your work but 2d style at Massart. Please make sure it is accessible via the drop box, on a hard drive, on youtube, or whatever. We will also watch the publicity shorts that fabulous Karina has been making.
We will try to make some movement on the program as well as leave you some time to work.
See you at 3 in N181.
This is an interesting article describing some possible career paths for those interested in the interrelationship between art and science.
Next Wed we had planned a screening of your work here at Massart anyway – how about we plan a potluck meal and celebration of your hard work then?
I know it’s early and you’ll have another week of work time – but you really should be mostly done by next week. The following week before the 8th *should* just be tweaking time.
There aren’t really many other possible days after that but I’m open to suggestions.
- WORKSHOP: in teams during class time.
- CRITIQUE: Screening of final videos/presentations and critique.
- MOS PR deadline.
- VISIT: MOS Planetarium for final test run of show.
- DUE – Final Self Evaluation – http://www.nitasturiale.com/massart/eval/finaleval.html
- Friendly reminder – no course credit without both self-evaluations!
As I read the reading responses SOME of you handed in, i’m struck by the fact the stories and content that might seem absent from the current state of the video (I’m referring to our conversations from last night’s screening) is already in your hands. Here are just few excerpts I pulled from the writing you did that I think provide some of the identifiable questions or scientific nodes that might provide the audience the help they need to take in the visual and sonic textures you’ve created. I think people are genuinely interested and intrigued by the questions others have. they want to know what drives you. You should tell them.
Any, all, part, or none of the below text could be read, could be animated on the screen, could be on a piece of paper on each chair… lots of possibilities:
Curiosity is elemental for the learning process because from it we expand and create. We base our ideas and knowledge on what information we have gathered over these milion years that, in turn, serve as the foundation of what is known to us and what is yet to be discovered – a kind of nature that is constantly changing its shape and expanding.
Why do certain smells trigger memories of the mall I went to in high school? Why do certain combinations of colors remind me of a car ride I took the summer after my senior year?
It always baffles me when I read and learn about the human brain and its complexities….Without memory there would be no consciousness….For a brain to be self-conscious, it must be able to think abstractly, question, predict, generalize, categorize, and reason.
Without death life wouldn’t have much of a meaning.
What’s the difference in memory editing, and being delusional?… Could we make up a whole life, with only a few small details holding us to reality?…. I enjoy thinking of our brains as these sort of treasure boxes, and I can hold onto your treasures while you hold on to mine.
The concepts of life and death have always been fascinating to me in nearly any context imaginable.
If nature can be everything, what does it mean to be engaged in nature? Does this mean that one is engaged in self-awareness?
I would love to see where we end up 500 years from now.
We will be screening tonight at the planetarium starting at 4pm. Jason needs all your video and sound files in the drop box well before that so that we can get started right at 4. we will meet in lobby just outside planetarium at 3:45. See you there! Can’t wait.
If you are having any trouble you really need to contact Lina, Karina or me, asap.