These are the links of what I’ve been reading up on this past week. The first one is text heavy, but is packed with a lot of valuable information for the perception group. These readings have got me thinking hard about how to relay this information in an abstract way.
Perception, Action, and Consciousness. (2009). In Encyclopedia of Consciousness. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.massart.edu/login?url=http://www.credoreference.com/entry/estcon/perception_action_and_consciousness
Perception. (2004). In The Concise Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.massart.edu/login?url=http://www.credoreference.com/entry/wileypsych/perception
So we did lots of work tonight in class –
We learned about the amazing tools at our fingertips through the library with Greg Wallace:
- drilling down a topic to get more and more specific
- when searching the web beware top links
- wikipedia – crowd-sourced, general good start but you need to check refereneces
- refine web search idea – dream site:.edu
- use science books taht have been published in the last 5 years
- we have access to several databases with massart account – CREDO seemed most useful to us.
- keep a bibliography of your work!!
- leonardo online
- text to speech option!!
Lina Giraldo came in and walked us through the steps we’ll need to take to get this all done. Mood Boards, Story boards, group dynamics, and many examples of BIG screens! She’ll be putting her notes and links up on the site.
We decided on the groups! and groups scheduled their first meetings.
- Nicole Dube
- Nicole Barron
What we don’t know about the Brain
Homework for next week – write a poem to be read in the dome.
See you next class at the MOS at 3!